We get this question all the time, “How much to repair my bumper cover?”. When we give the answer, you could hear a pin drop…..
- $500.00 to $ 700.00 repair (ballpark)
- $700.00 to $ 900.00 to replace (ballpark)
****Depends on size of damage and/or Make and Model****
Why so much?
- Plastic is the hardest thing for us to paint. With the temperature changes here in NM (snow 5 min sun the next)the cover will expand and contract with this change. If you don’t account for this the paint on the cover will crack over time.
- All covers need to be removed for paint. This allows us to get the clear coat in all areas that the factory did. This means no clear peeling later.
- Repairs are harder on plastic than metal. More steps are needed and must be done correctly or it will not bond.
Be careful of companies that will bid low and “melt” or “burn” the clear coat together. Yes they could do it “cheaper” but that is exactly what you will get. When they “melt” the clear coat together, it will look good when you pick it up but six months later you will see it separate. Sometimes looking worse than before they touched it. We say “do it right or don’t do it at all”. Plastics are all different so make sure the professionals at Mr. B’s with a lifetime warranty do the job for you.